SA-NT Bishop David Altus
Worship, Thursday 4 October 2018
Text: Exodus 13:17–22
We don’t determine who we are and where we are going as much as we like to think.
It’s not about who we are and where we are going at all.
It’s about who God is and where God is going.
So we go into the unknown today with the God we do know:
- who has freed us and brought and kept us together in the past
- who is always with us and one step ahead of us at the same time
- who is unstoppable and who calls us to get in behind him and where he is going!
- who leads his people in paths we would never choose for ourselves.
- The God we know in Jesus, whose living body we are and whose crucified and risen body we are about to receive again and take with us into the day.
So ‘Elsie’ (LCA), as we set out today,
- let’s remember who, and where God is,
- and let him determine where we are going,
and who we are along the way …